DeeDee Trotter & Running 4 The People to Host Gifted Locks Relay on 9/26

Deedee Trotter was part of the gold
medal winning women's 1600-meter
relay at the 2012 London Olympics.
Since then, her pursuits have expanded.
My friend, and Olympic track gold medalist, Deedee Trotter has been busily working on her off-track pursuits. When I interviewed her two years ago, she took great pride in talking about the work she had put into forming a non-profit of her own, including filling out the proper forms and developing a business plan. In fact, the advice I received from my editor at TrackSide magazine was simply - "Ask her about her nonprofit?" Forty-five minutes later, I had a story, without even reaching question two on my sheet.

Suffice it to say, Deedee is passionate about her endeavors. Here's an event that will promote her newest organization "Running 4 The People." Her event will entail.... well, here's a note from Deedee to tell you more about it!

"As you may or may not know, I have been working tirelessly on and off the track to create an organization that sets out to make an impact in the lives of people in need. Now it is time to see if all I've been working towards will be everything I dreamed it to be! 

My new nonprofit organization "Running 4 The People" will be hosting its first event in Atlanta, GA on September 26, 2015. It is an encouraging and uplifting cancer benefit entitled "Gifted Locks Relay"! This event will be donating 50 custom made hair pieces to 50 women who have lost their hair to cancer treatments, and will also include a day dedicated to showering these brave women with support, love and encouragement. 


I would like to ask you to be one of our 50 for $50 sponsors or your consideration to contribute towards one of our other sponsorship options! I also wanted to see if you would be interested in helping to bring awareness to our event by doing an interview or story on us! Your sponsorship and involvement will be a great help towards making a difference in the lives of 50 amazing women and will also assist us in the battle against cancer. Please see the attached sponsorship kit and event info or you can simply visit our event web page at  www.running4thepeople.org/events "




No comments:

Post a Comment