Poquoson's Jim Burden Continues His Over-60 National Diving Run


Jim Burden with coach Danita Fox at
Midtown Center, Newport News, VA
In late 2013, I became acquainted with Jim Burden, a 60-year old gentleman, who had started his competitive diving career again after a 38-year absence. To his, and everyone's surprise, Burden quickly worked his way into becoming a medal winner at the Master's level.

Two years later, Jim is still diving, and still making his mark, so to speak. Here's an update from Burden that I received last week.

"You asked me to keep you updated from time to time about my Masters Springboard diving.  I just got back from the Spring National Championships in Orlando Florida.

(2) Gold Medals. (1 meter and 3 Meter)
That qualified me for 2016 All American Status.
(1) 2nd Place in Men's Syncro
(1) 5th Place in Men's Grand Masters (Anyone who has won 1 World Championship or 2 National Championships)
(1) 6th Place in Mixed Syncro

All in all, a good weekend.  Summer Nationals are in Greensboro in July."

I'll be looking to keep track of how the National meet goes in July. Great job Jim!!

No comments:

Post a Comment